Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Sukeban Deka Codename Asamiya Saki

Watched Ayaya's movie last night. I have wanted to watch it since I first heard it was coming out, but had to wait a long time (obviously) since I don't understand Japanese well at all (only a snippet here and there) and thus had to wait for someone to sub it. Thank goodness for the Hello!Online tracker.

Anyway, I enjoyed the movie immensely, though it may be because I kept getting into these crazy giggle fits as Ayaya and Rika-chan went into their "badass" modes. It was just so surreal to watch. Aya and Rika are both so freaking adorable, that watching them in these roles was definitely an experience. And to clarify, I wasn't giggling because they were acting badly, it was simply because it was like a polar opposite to the personalities they exude on a regular basis that it evoked giggles from me for some reason.

And so, with this mention of Ayaya, I shall discuss my favourite H!P artist (from the entire list of all H!P members, soloist or within a group)... *drum roll* ...

Matsuura Aya!!!
Why is Ayaya my favourite H!P artist, you ask? Well, I first saw her perform in the 2001 Haru MM concert. She was cute, and I think she only had her first single out at that time. It wasn't the most memorable performance I've seen. Her first 2 songs were okay, but then came "Love Namida Iro" and I was hooked. I love that song, and it hasn't wavered. That is one of my top listed H!P songs of all time. Reasons for loving Ayaya: a) her voice. I think it's fabulous. She can do cutesy (as seen from her first 2 releases and things like "Momoiro Kataomoi") but when she sings ballads, wow. Particularly "Zutto Suki De Ii Desu Ka". From the moment I heard that song, I loved it. I could listen to that song forever and not get tired of it. I am personally a really big fan of ballads (have enjoyed "VERY BEAUTY" and "Kokuhaku no Funsui Hiroba" from Berryz"). Actually, my favourite rendition of "Love Namida Iro" was an acoustic version in 2002.6.8 Final Secret Live in Factory Stage. b) she's consistent. She's amazing live. she's able to pull off an entire concert, and seeing as how she has some pretty energetic songs, she has the stamina to keep it strong until the final note. I can't recall a performance where she went terribly off pitch. There was one concert (can't remember which one) where she forgot the lines to "I Know" (kinda ironic, wouldn't you say?), but she was so cute as she hit her head trying to get the words back in. c) she dances well and very energetically (while still keeping pitch throughout her concerts). d) she's so pretty... I find her gorgeous when her hair's long (see the "Zutto Suki De Ii Desu Ka" PV/CD cover). I feel the same way with Takahashi Ai. They just both look so good with long hair.

Still need more time observing C-ute to get a proper opinion on the members. But I will say that I love Airi - this is mainly due to the fact that I loved Aa! and back in those days Reina was my least favourite member... And notice who my favourite Berryz member is... Coincidence, you ask? I think not.

The next challenge will be to order a top list of H!P members, mixing from any group. Haven't actually tried to do that yet, but may do so soon.

No comments: