Friday, November 09, 2007

Berryz Koubou's Tsukiatteru no ni Kataomoi - Take 2

So, after watching the PV a few more times:

1. I still feel Risako looks very very tall. I think it has to do with the flowiness of her skirt. I feel like the outfits also make Yurina and Maasa look really tall (even though I know they are), but not as much as Yurina's outfit in Very Beauty. She looked like a giant in that one. As for Risako's hair, I was trying to figure out what it was, and my brother pointed it out to me... I like her much better with bangs. The completely bared forehead just feels a little off to me.

2. I definitely like the sound of the song. It's catchy and happy. Though I would say that I enjoyed the last 3 singles more. I think that the PV brings down the feel of the song a little simply because it feels a little out of place. But then again, I don't understand what I'm hearing. But seeing as theppn says that the title translates to: "Even Though We're Dating, it's Unrequited Love" it doesn't seem like the PV has much to do with the lyrics.

3. Regarding the outfits, I'd have to say I like Yurina and Maasa's best because of the pants under the skirt. The tops would be Saki and Miya's. But in general, I just find the girls all look so nice in this PV. Miya, Yurina, Saki, Chinami and Maasa all look spectacular. I like the hairstyles of Miya, Yurina and particuarly Chinami. The wispiness of her hair is very flattering. Risako looks really pretty, except the hair is throwing me off a bit (she's reminding me of someone else, but I can't pinpoint who... Though I've read some other people's thoughts, and I just don't understand how anyone could possibly be mistaking Risako for Miya in this video). Unfortunately, my initial feeling wasn't incorrect and I get a weird vibe from Momoko in this PV. Some of her scenes look really forced to me, which is keeping me from enjoying her moments. But then again, I've never been the biggest Momoko fan, all the way back to the ZYX days.

4. I find one strange moment at around the 3:16 mark of the Dohhh UP! version. It's just as the instrumental part is ending and they're getting back into the vocals. As the girls are striking their poses, it flashes a close up of Miya for a split second and goes back to the group view. It feels very jerkish to me in midst of the rest of the PV.

5. One thing that completely boggles my mind is the story in this PV. I just don't get it. What's with Risako being all by her lonesome and getting the cloth from heaven? And then at the end, why are they all flying? ...o_O

So my overall feel: Nice new song... I'm enjoying it (which is good 'cause I already pre-ordered the single due to my faith in Berryz releasing good singles - haven't had one that I haven't liked so far; unlike Morning Musume who I feel have had a few duds). But the PV setting is awkward to the perkiness of the song.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know who she reminds you of, I thought of it straight away too.. SUZUKI AIRI D:

Its Airi's haircut superimposed onto Risakochan's skull. :(

Poor Risako.